Google Cloud Run
Launched in 2019 by Google
Whats is Google Cloud Run?
Cloud Run is a managed compute platform that enables you to run containers that are invocable via requests or events. Cloud Run is serverless: it abstracts away all infrastructure management, so you can focus on what matters most — building great applications.
- Use the programming language of your choice, any language or operating system libraries, or even bring your own binaries.
- Leverage container workflows and standards
- Fully managed
- Fast autoscaling
- Integrated logging and monitoring
- Process web traffic
- Process asynchronous events
Google Cloud Run has it's own pricing calculator with a variety of options for those who are interested. Here.
Three different tiers, including a Free Tier, which includes:
- First 180,000 vCPU-seconds free per month
- First 360,000 GiB-seconds free per month
- 2 million requests free per month
- 1 GiB free egress within North America per month
Great tutorials and accessibility, you can quickly go into production with this.
Servers available currently on Asia, North America and Europe. Each Cloud Run service resides in a region. Customer data associated with this service is stored in the selected region. You can serve traffic from multiple regions by configuring external HTTP(S) Load Balancing.
Includes automatic and on-demand back-ups.
Includes authentication overview,, access management, ingress restriction, encryption keys and more. Mount secrets from Secret Manager. Only deploy trusted container images with Binary Authorization. Bring your own encryption keys. Container instances run in a secure sandbox isolated from other resources, with dedicated identities and permissions.
What do you think about Google Cloud Run? This product is used by 7 companies & 8 companies wants to use it in future.
Find top talent to build serverless-first applications, discover serverless projects and compare products.